Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Rattlesdorf 89 Weiden 75

The reason that I have not updated my site about the game is because I have been to upset to talk about it. I know as I write this I may get sick to my stomach.

I could come up with some excuses for our loss. We were missing two players. The referees were suspect with one example that in the fourth quarter it was 6 fouls for us to 0 for them at one point, or the fact that our coach got booted out of the game based on something a fan yelled at the referee and he thought our coach said it. Things really didn't go our way.

But I don't think those are the reasons we lost. The other team had a good game plan that involved a box and one and some double teaming on me. They took their time on offense and didn't turn the ball over much. The biggest factor of the game was a simple one. They wanted the game more than we did. They were hungry and we seemed satisfied. We have had a better season than the players and people expected and I feel like that led to a lack of hunger as our season winds down. We don't have that good of a record but for some I guess it was good enough and that is upsetting.

They got the loose balls, the made the extra plays.
We turned the ball over, lacked focus on our open shots.
We got outplayed by a team that I think we are much better than.

I hate to lose. I hate it!
However, sometimes you play as hard as you can and you play well and you still lose. You don't have regrets about the game even though you are upset that you lost. I can accept that. I can accept losing when you give everything you have.

I can't accept it when you don't give it your all. It just makes my stomach ache. When a team or someone outworks you and that is the difference in the game or life for that matter. I cannot accept that.

Well this wasn't a game update. It really wasn't. I apologize. I wanted to give a game summary but I couldn't come to do it.

However, I did explain why we lost the game.

I finished with only 22 points. One of my lowest outputs of the season. I am really not upset about it though. Just the fact that we didn't put in the effort that I felt like has been our mainstay all season long. Something we could always hang our hat on.

Until next time...

No comments: