Monday, April 21, 2008

Last Game Sad Story

Our final home game of the year. It was a real bittersweet feeling.

We played the first place team in the league, Byron Munich and they proved why they are moving up to the next league next season. The game really wasn't a story. They controlled it with their defense and made the right plays on offense. The best way to describe our game was that we got our butt kicked. It was a similar story for us with injuries. One of our point guards played his first game since twisting his ankle the last time we played Munich. Our second best player Thomas Sellinger hurt his ankle the day before the game so he was unable to play.

It was really a story that was able to summarize our whole season.

Injuries hurt us all season long. We seemed to have players coming and going which made it very difficult to get the right chemistry, but we usually found a way to work through it.
We finished the season in a tie for 6th place. It was higher than they expected to finish this year with a team that finished in 9th place last year, we finished the season with four more wins than the previous year. Overall it was a success story to most of the organization.

Personally I found it very difficult. We lot more games in one season than the previous two combined when I played for Hope. It just goes to show how different expectation levels and success stories can be in different places.

I guess the one good thing about the game was that the team we lost to is interested in having me play for the next season. But in reality I still don't have much of an idea of where I will be next season as it is still very early and many countries are not even into their playoffs yet.

I will post another soon summarizing the last part of the game on Saturday and one as well summarizing my overall personal season in Weiden as well.
Take Care

No comments: