Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Bayern Munich 94 Weiden 82

Well sometimes after a loss I don't get to write a post as quickly as a after a win simply because I am too angry to write about it.

But, this Sunday we played against the first place team in our league and we went in with the attitude that we would play as hard as possible and do our best and let the cards fall where they may. Well that was a good attitude at the beginning but in all reality we went down there to win this game and become only the second team to beat this team and first team to beat them at home all season. There was nothing like well we did our best and so we are happy stuff going on.

Overall our team played about as good as it possibly can. One problem was that one of our foreign players had an elbow problem and couldn't play for most of the game. This really left us without much depth as we tried to handle a team that was constantly full court pressing and trapping. They got a lot of their points off fouls by them that were not called. Whoops, I mean turnovers by us. Our half court defense was solid and our rebounding was incredible. Munich had three players bigger than our biggest players. Which did lead to plenty of dunks by them.

Whenever they were on a run we would come back and get the game close and we even took the lead early in the third quarter. However, we were never able to get comfortable.

Mario Matic our center had one of his most all around games of the season scoring ten points and doing a lot of other things that we needed. Our power forward Thomas Sellinger also did a great job with 22 points. I was constantly seeing different and multiple defenders but I have grown accustomed to that by now as I shot a very good percentage contributing 34 points.

Everytime we cut the game close they would go on another mini run and then we would have to cut it close again and that was really the story of the game. I would mention that it was the worst refereed game I have ever been a part of but no one wants to read that.

We have three games left and one more is against the first place Bayern Munich team, which I am very excited to get another chance to beat them. We are currently in 6th place and we play the 5th place team this weekend and with a win would move into a tie for fifth with them which would be great for our team. It will be difficult since they have one of the best centers in the league on their team.

Here is a breakdown of the quarter scoring.
1st: 26-19 2nd 47-46 3rd 72-63 Game 94-82

No comments: