Sunday, October 11, 2009

Start of the Season

Hello,

I apologize for not updating my first few games. To be honest I forgot I had a blog to write on for a while.
Let me update things first. My wife finally got over here this past week so it feels a little more like home. I have been here for a total of 2 and a half weeks and we have played 3 games so far. In our first game, we played away and lost. It was a tight game all the way and I think we lost by six. However, we didn't really play that well and were still in the game. I think that is the positive side.

Our next game we played at home and it was yet another close game. This one however, we managed to pull out and won by about six.

Our third game which was last night we played away against on of the few undefeated teams in the league. I think this will be a pretty level league this year. We played in front of a really nice crowd and had lots of our own fans at the game as well. Even had our own drum section. We went back and forth and ended up losing by four points. I thought for the most part both teams played well. A fan would have really enjoyed watching the game. However, anytime a game is lost on only a couple possessions it is an extremely tough pill to swallow because the thoughts of certain plays come back to haunt you.

On a personal note I think I have improved every game. It is always tough to come in right before the first game. It takes time for a player to get used to everything and that is what the preseason is for. But, coming in right before the first game I've had to deal with getting used to everything during the season which makes things more difficult. I've been playing point guard and playing about 17 minutes a game. The first game I was pretty much exhausted, had jet lag and stone for legs and didn't play well at all. The second game I played better but still didn't shoot the ball real well. Yesterday's game I had 7 points 5 rebounds and 4 assists in 18 minutes. I think that was pretty productive. Although I would like to hit a few more of my open shots but I'm not to worried about that. All I want to do right now is contribute to the team in the time that I am on the court and the rest will take care of itself.

We have a home game this weekend and after that we are on the road for a while, so we need to get a win here before we head out for a while.

Take Care

No comments: