Monday, March 9, 2009

Season on the Brink!

No it's not a Bobby Knight movie. It is the best way to summarize the final four regular season games of our season. We lost our game this weekend. It was another must win game, seems like all of them have been lately.

We had a terrible, terrible first quarter. We were outscored, outplayed, outworked to a tune of 34-17 after ten minutes. The final three quarters we outscored them by one point. So, this means the first quarter was really the game. They got a big lead and all they had to do was keep it, they did.We were never able to get the lead under 10. They were never worried.

Two of our main players were out of the game. One, David has been out with the knee for a while and we don't know if he will be back. Milan our starting center had to miss the game because he was sick, really sick, with a temperature of 102 degrees. I hope he gets better soon. Nevertheless, we still felt like we needed to win the game and we felt like we could win the game without those two players. We lost it in the first quarter.

I finished with 26 points. My third highest of the season. However, I would have rather not even played if it meant winning. Now we must go 4-0 in our last four regular season in order to make the playoffs. If we were healthy I would be very positive that we could pull this off. However, things are never as easy as I hope and we have our hands full. We play at home this weekend and I feel confident that we will not make the same mistake of having a terrible first quarter like we did this past weekend.

We are like one of those NCAA teams that's only chance of making the Big Dance is to win their conference tournament. These final four games are our conference tournament.

Let the cards fall where they may. I will leave it all on the court.

No comments: