Well first of all I have to say that win or lose it was very cool to play in the gym where Dirk Nowitzki played before he left for the NBA. We went to the city that Dirk grew up playing his basketball as a young player in and you could tell that the city had a love for the game.
The introduction to the game was amazing with, sparklers, loud music, drums, spotlights and fog machines. Didn't get much better than that.
But going into the game we did not have our full roster and knew we would have to play a perfect game in order to beat one of the top teams in the league. One of our players was out with the flu and another was out with a busted finger. These were two of our main players a starter and a sixth man. Both of them happen to be brothers.
No matter we came into the game and left it all on the floor even though we were clearly over matched. Jason Boucher played his last game in Weiden before heading back to the U.S. and we made sure to make the most of it. We both played very well and did our best to carry an offensively and vertically challenged team.
We both started out the first half well with 18 points a piece. However, we were down most of the game by about five points. The other team boasted two very large American born players that controlled the glass on us. They were very difficult to stop because they had many players taller than our biggest man.
Never the less we played as hard as we could but were simply over matched on the inside.
There isn't really anything good about losing. But I can live with it if I know that I gave it 100% and don't have any regrets about the game. Especially if I know that I played well. Which I happened to do.
So in the end I finished with 35 points and Jason Boucher had 34. The problem was that we didn't have a whole lot of help after that. Thomas Sellinger chipped in 19 points and Mario Matic chipped in 10. When only four players score for you in a professional game the chances of you winning are not very good. We still has a chance at the end but the other team continued to foul us so we couldn't get back into the game.
Until Next Time,
Go Hope!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment