A balanced offensive attack is what got the victory for the CooCoon baskets this past weekend.
I had 29, followed by Thomas Sellinger with 25 and Jason Boucher with 23.
We also had two other players finish in double figures.
The game was cose throughout the first half and we used a big 35-18 third quarter to take the game over and it appeared we were on the verge of blowing them out. But as the fourth quarter began our weak defense came back and so did the other team. I felt comfortable even though tey made a comeback because we have only lost one close game this year. When the game is close Weiden almost always wins. We made enough plays down the stretch and I was able to hit 5 of 6 free throws in the winding minutes to make a much closer game appear not as close on the scoreboard.
The other team had two Americans who take care of the scoring load and they came to play this weekend. They were a difficult match up for us because they played a very small lineup and played at a very fast pace. They put their American shooter as the four man and we really couldn't match up resulting in 32 points for him. We also didn't have an answer for the American center who had 29 points and didn't miss many shots at all.
Our defense was terrible and I think if we play like that against a better team like we are this weekend we will get blown out. Hopefully I can get the message across to my teammates and we can come out with a lot of intensity for our next game and get a win against a team that is just one game ahead of us in the standings.
Until next time
God Bless
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment